Archangel's Desire

Monday, March 17, 2014

Author Interview with @Elle_Jefferson

At Death It Begins Banner 450 x 169

 

Today on the blog we have author Elle Jefferson here to share with us. I would like to thank her for stopping by and sharing. Now enough talk let’s get to it.

 

Author Interview

 

Did you always wanted to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

No. Up until I was 17 I wanted to be a soap star. Unfortunately, I never figured out how to get over my crippling stage fright.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I think after I actually finished the first draft of At Death It Begins, and I was like whoa this is a whole book, that I considered myself a writer.

How long did it take to get your first book published?

Since I self-published not long at all.

Do you do another job except for writing and can you tell us more about it?

I'm blessed because I get to do writing full-time.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

The name of my latest book is In Death's Touch, only 20 words eh? phew, that's tough. Let's see. Can I come back to this?

Who is your publisher? Or do you self-publish?

self-publish.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

My first book, At Death It Begins took 3 years, the follow-up to it In Death's Touch, took about a year and half.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I love paranormal, so although I may write YA, NA or adult they will all have some sort of paranormal twist.

What genre would you place your books into?

Paranormal romance

What made you decide to write that genre of book?

I love vampires

Do you have a favorite character from your books? And why are they your favorite?

I think my favorite character is Edwin. He's one of the eldest vampires and time has made him see things clearly, so he never jumps the gun or lets emotions control him. He just sort of goes with the flow.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

No, because I don't want the good reviews to give me a big head nor do I want bad reviews to deter me either.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

Titles are tricky, I usually have a title picked out when I start writing the book but then about halfway through it changes.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?

Scrivener has this awesome feature called name generator.

Are character names and place names decided after their creation? Or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?

When it comes to my characters the most I start out with is their gender. After that I let them jiggle around in my head until their ready to tell me their story.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?

I have to say I try to start with traits but just like my title choices the characters end up dictating their personality traits.

Which format of book do you prefer, eBook, hardback, or paperback?

paperback always. I love my kindle, but there is something about curling up in your favorite chair with a cup of tea and a book. The beautiful cover. The smell of the papers. That's something you just can't get with an ebook.

What is your favorite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?

I'd probably say my favorite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I've read it over five times it just has all the elements that make a story great. Conflict, adventure, fear, romance, competition, and dragons.

Do you think books transfer to movies well?

Not usually. There's just a richness in books that just doesn't translate to the big screen.

Your favorite food is?

chocolate

Your favorite singer/group is?

NKTOB

Your favorite color is?

purple

Your favorite Author is?Do I have to pick just one?

It's a toss up between JK Rowling and Dr. Suess.

 

If you would like to find out more about Elle and her work check out today’s book blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment